EXPERTISSUES is a Network of Excellence (NoE) funded through the 6th Framework Programme (FP6) and has 23 partners from 13 different countries, constituted by 19 of its original members and 4 second tier members who have joined the NoE without additional funding. EXPERTISSUES NoE aims to combat and overcome fragmentation of European Research on the field of Tissue Engineering of Bone and Cartilage, as well as to consolidate excellence in the Field of Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine (TERM) through the creation of a European Centre of Excellence with branches in all partner organizations.
The EXPERTISSUES European Institute of Excellence for Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine EEIG (EXPERTISSUES EEIG) was then created and aims to be a global leader in the advance of knowledge and technology in the field of Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine, by contributing at a transnational scale for the training and education of excellence in these areas, and for the thriving integration of European know-how and intellectual property into the development and clinical deployment of new therapies that together improve the European competitiveness and ultimately benefit humankind. The mission of the EXPERTISSUES EEIG is to leverage European research and development in the field of TERM by synergistically integrating the resources and capabilities of EXPERTISSUES EEIG members and other sectorial stakeholders, with emphasis to academic institutions, research centres and industry players.
The EXPERTISSUES EEIG exists to:
- Provide a transnational platform for the development and integration of knowledge in all fundamental and applied areas of Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine;
- Educate and train researchers in the field of Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine;
- Support career development of young researchers;
- Contribute for the development of standards and regulations that promote a more efficient exploitation and execution of experimental activities in the field of Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine;
- Integrate EXPERTISSUES EEIG members’ diversified set of resources and capabilities into a R&D platform that supports the implementation of ambitious multidisciplinary research and development programs in the field of Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine;
- Promote proposals to coordinate research projects that align the scientific and technological resources and competences of members into the development of Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine technologies.